Sunday, March 2, 2008

Jehovah's Witnesses and Your Local Laundromat

I have been living life without a washer and dryer at my free disposal for about six months now, which means I have had the distinct pleasure of taking my laundry to laundromats. While our fabulous new apartment has laundry facilities right near our door, while we lived in Lancaster I drove to many different laundromats all round town.
For some reason, in my rush to get to the laundromat and do a bunch of laundry, I would forget to bring a book to read while I was waiting for our clothes to wash or dry. I would quickly become bored out of my mind and would read whatever was on the counters.
What I usually discovered was the Jehovah's Witnesses Watch Tower and Awake! magazines. The more surprising part of this story is that I actually read them! Why? Because I was stuck at the laundromat!
While I was not converted to being a Jehovah's Witness myself, I have to say that I would rate this an extremely effective tactic for spreading the word of the gospel of your choice. There are few places more boring than a laundromat, and religious zealots everywhere should take note of this fact and start dropping off material at the Suds 'N Duds nearest to them.
Just thought I'd throw that out there.

1 comment:

Mina said...

I really loathe doing laundry