Friday, February 29, 2008

The odd menage-a-trois of music

This short article says it all:

David Bowie provides backing vocals on two tracks for Scarlett Johansson's album of Tom Waits covers, Anywhere I Lay My Head.

He wrote on his web site: "The songs are great, really good Tom Waits stuff, and Scarlett's performances are mystical and cool." Bowie also insists his contribution to the CD is not as big as the hype.

"I've seen the press on the album and I suppose the record company wanted to spin my involvement a little more than it warrants. All I really contribute are these ooh's and aah's on a couple of tracks."




David Bowie, Scarlett Johansson and Tom Waits?

2 comments:

Nittle said...

Even weirder:

Charlie Daniels, .38 Special, Little Feat, Spearhead, Shooter Jennings... Sonic Youth?!

Bizarre Festival Lineup

".38 Special and Sonic Youth, finally together and not just in my dreams!"

Anonymous said...

Anything David Bowie touches turns to cool. This just proves it.